Wednesday 26 December 2012

after Christmas

hi all
sorry I havent been on for a very long time.
Not sure what there is to give or say at this time of year.
We have lots of things to do, and we plan and plan..
then in 20 minutes its all buried in a mound of paper, boxes and bags..
I said a few years back that I would not spend the money and time on presents,
and such..
Its hard, because you want to give, but at the same time, you dont want to get
sucked up in the commerical end of it all.
My grandchildren are at the age that I have no idea how to buy
for them. So generally they get 50.00 each and maybe it will come in
a bag with perfume, a new razor that viberates, slippers or just some chocolate..
this year I bought a ton of popcorn from the boy scouts, and hot chocolate from st cinnamon.
every person I wanted to just say peace and be happy, they received that..

I have no new recipes, it has been a crazy semester for me, lots has been going on..
one of these days, I will tell you about it.

One last thing, I want to acknowledge at this time
one of the boys in my cooking class at camp menesetung...
Brendon, his mom told me he cooked a meall for 30 people
on his own.. many blessings kiddo..that made me proud..
His mom said he just pulled it off like he was a pro..
she thanks me.. all I can say is that he had it in him, I just happened to be
there when he was bringing it to the surface..
great job Brendon..
until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment