Thursday 22 September 2011

tomatoes and corn

  (frozen corn)is the best,
if you have cob corn left, take that off the cob and
use that..you can always freeze that as well..
ok,  so
2 cups corn
1 1/2 cups tomatoes diced
or if you have grape tomatoes they look nice in
this dish or cherry
then,
2 green onions diced
2 tsp cilantro( if you dont have this,its not important, only to keep the brightness of everything)
2tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
mix these together..
now if you let it stand for a day or so, it is so much better..
this looks so nice in a clear bowl...

I hope Im helping those of you out there that are nervous
about doing some cooking on your own..it can be intimedating
but just do what I do, fake your way thru it all..you learn how to and not to..

just so you all know:
 c = cup
tsp= teaspoon
Tbsp= tablespoon
incase I put these short forms in..

Sorry fo not putting much on the blog in the last few days..
Im getting back to work and the volunteer stuff..
trying to juggle that and I have a buddy at C A S
and cleaning for clients.. its hard to get the schedule straight at the begining
as some of you know, I live at a Camp in Goderich, On.
So, it takes me a couple of weeks to get back to the grind of Kingston life...

I love the town, and the people I've met.. before I left there this summer
they had a tornado go straight thru town, they have lost alot of
buildings, not to mention the salt mine was missing its walls
in spots rono took a beating..actually most of the businesses did..
the rep that looks after my orders, lost all his business in the square..
its a domino..
Camp was not harmed, only some broken windows from the hail..and the winds..
Its amazing how a disaster can bring strangers together..
It is hard to explain, but after the tornado went through..everything felt
different..it was a weird feeling..not neccessarily bad, but a weird thing..
I called all the people who look after my needs during the summer..
a couple were safwe and sound..but alot of them lost roofs , to sides of the building
to the buildings being picked up and dropped in the next field..
they are recovering, and they will rebuild and be strong..
I tell you they will..
i will do my best to have some stuff up here at least every couple
of weeks..
until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment