Thursday 20 October 2011

coffee break

this time of year, I take a coffee break..
I take it outside..actually on the corner of brock and University
in the city where I live..
I do it to help the Alzheimer Society to raise money.

this year we raised over $380.00 just by stopping cars,buses, Fedex and Purolator trucks
Even the mail people..we had Students of all ages drop by..
It was a great morning!
We are awaiting for more donations to make it official on the amount of money,
we can hand over to them..

It makes your heart warm, to drop that quarter or dime in the box..
people left with a smile and hot cup of java

Which I would like to mention..
each year I ask Tim Hortons to donate the coffee,cups and condiments..
this year they sent a letter back to the Alzheimers to inform them
they thought it would be more convenient for us to pick up the coffee
at another location, the browns vending or the campus..
I was truly upset about this, who decides how close you are to anything..
If your willing to drive to get a  donation how far is it really?

It was a discouraging moment when I spoke the person on the other end,questioning why??
After explaining to them that I have always got my urns of coffee from them
in the last 10 years (plus).They said to me, well sorry about this..
Sorry about this!Sorry.. yes I am sorry that we had to end a good relationship like this..
unfortunately this is the end of it...
It was 3 days before the event..and I was scrambling..
My sister and brother in law went to a place out in the town of Harrowsmith,
they serve breakfast all day..
a bakery, a cafe, and at the end of this month she will be taking over the convenience store and the frozen food area in the same town..I want to give her a giant thank you, she didn't hesitate to offer an urn of coffee and she threw in some donuts for the staff at work..
her name is Ella, she is a kind and generous person..
just a little guy in the big scheme of things..
but that is when you know they haven't forgotten,
Its about giving,its about family, and its about caring for your neighbourhood...
Thank you Ella..God Bless you and your staff for coming through last minute...
we will definately see you next year...

and tomorrow I will post some more recipes...
thanks for hearing me out..

No comments:

Post a Comment