Saturday 22 October 2011

its time for soup

I have a nice recipe for a tomatoe basil soup

you can use a can of any size of diced tomatoes
basil      1tsp
oregano 1/4 tsp
diced onions  1/2 c
diced garlic     1/2c

dice the onions and garlic and saute them in a pot
with some oil..
open your can of tomatoes ( 19oz can or more)
I usually puree half the can
put the other can in the sauted garlic and onions..
add your pureed tomatoes and basil, oregano
simmer for 15 to 20 minutes
mm, this is good..the aroma is fantastic
and then if you make some of that bread I had on here..
you will definetly impress campus kids..

you also can chop up some home grown tomatoes..they are so good
in this recipe..there is nothing like home grown stuff, the flavour comes out
much more robust..
this is also a good recipe to start out with for a beginner.
It gives you confidence..
thats how you do it, right, you need to feel you can cook,
then all the rest feels natural..
once you accomplish cooking something, there is no limit to what you can do..
dont worry about mistakes, thats what experience is..when you make a mistake
you have learned 'don't try that again..
its fine, we all do it, and I still get things wrong..
I still don't know much about cooking and sometimes I wonder why am I doing this blog..
well yes I do, I like to tell stories, and sharing a couple recipes along the way, never hurt anyone..
so til next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment